Nothing like migrating to a new blogging platform to get you in the mood to write some new posts. Just switched from Wordpress to Octopress.
You can find migration instructions a number of places, but the process was pretty straightforward for me.
- Exported published posts from Wordpress
- Updated xml export to include atom namespace that was missing
- Used exitwp to convert the export into the markdown format. I did run into a wrapping issue.
- Enabled comments on old posts with the following find and replace
perl -pi -e 's/layout: post/layout: post\ncomments: true/g' *.markdown
- Saved images to source/images and updated posts with proper links
- Deploy to github!
- Update feedburner RSS feed location
Now I just need to find a spell checker plugin!